To my advantage, my Dad wasn't home. He was working the night shift. There was a note on the fridge.
"Luna,
I forgot to tell you I was working late tonight.
There are some hot pockets in the freezer.
See you in the morning.
Love Dad."
I smiled. Now I didn't have to tell him where I was. I got the hot pockets out, microwaved them and then ate. After that, there was nothing else to do but go to bed. I walked up the stairs, into my room and changed into my PJ's. I flopped down on my bed and said to myself, "Please let tomorrow be interesting." Then I plugged my IPod in and fell asleep.
The next morning, I woke up at the annoying sound of my alarm. I got out of bed, put on a pair of jeans, and a Beatles T-Shirt, and sneakers. I did my makeup, but didn't bother to do anything with my long, wildly curly auburn hair. I walked into the kitchen and saw my Dad making breakfast.
"Good morning," I said.
He didn't seem to have a clue about what happened last night.
"Good morning." my Dad said.
I enjoyed living with my Dad. I loved my Mom, but she passed away when I was eight. I'm fourteen now.
"How was work?" I asked.
"Same old stuff." my Dad replied. "What did you do last night?"
I quickly thought of an answer.
"I watched a marathon of The Twilight Zone."
"That's my daughter!" my Dad said with a laugh.
After breakfast, my Dad drove me to school. Little did I know, that this would be one of the most interesting days of my life.
When I got to school, I walked up to my two best friends, Eve and Klaus. Although they were brother and sister, they looked nothing alike. Eve had short black hair with purple streaks. She wore a black dress with pink and grey tights. She was goth. Klaus on the other hand, wore a blue T-Shirt with black pants, a long black coat, and had big circle glasses. He was also obsessed with the paranormal.
"Well I see you actually showed up to school today." said Klaus.
"My vacation ended early." I replied with a snicker.
"You sure did miss a lot." Eve said.
"Whatever it was, I'm sure it wasn't important."
"It's this new kid." Klaus said. "He is a complete weirdo."
"And your not?" I asked him.
"Well this kid is different."
I looked down and noticed that Klaus was carrying a copy of "Aliens, Do They Exist?" I shook my head.
"Shut up Klaus!" Eve snapped. "What he means is that this new guy doesn't look like all the other kids."
"Which means?" I asked.
"Well lets just say that he could make Brad Pitt look ugly."
"Whatever." I said. "You're only into goth guys anyway."
We all departed and I walked to my first class.
Midway through Math class, I decided I had enough of fractions and percents. I crumpled up my papers and started throwing them at random people. Then, I thought about that new kid. No one ever transferred to our school. "Whatever." I thought. He probably is just some other jock. Finally, the bell rang. I walked out of class and before I knew what happened, a tall figure ran right into me, making me drop all my books. I bent down and picked up my books.
"Could you watch were you are..." I wasn't able to finish the sentence. I was planted where I stood. I was staring into the most beautiful face I had ever seen. He had blueish-purple eyes and jet black hair. The thing that stood out the most was how pale he was. He was also very tall.
"Sorry." was all I managed to say.
He was looking at me with wide eyes.
"OK." I said.
I started walking away when he spoke.
"Do you know where room 113 is?"
His voice was deep and mysterious.
"Oh ya. I have a class right next to there."
We started walking. All I could think about was how good looking this kid was.
"So I guess you're new around here huh?" I asked.
"Ya. I moved here three days ago."
"From where?"
"Um...somewhere really far away."
"Alright then." I said. "Anyways I'm Luna."
"That's different." he said.
"What's your name then?"
"Sebastian." he replied.
"Oh...Nice" I said.
As we were walking, I noticed a bunch of people staring at us. Well not me, just at Sebastian. He really was the most beautiful person I had ever seen. I also noticed that when he was in the light, he had a greenish tone against his pale skin.
"Well here you are. Room 113."
"Thanks." he replied.
He walked into class and all I could say was "Wow". After about five minutes of just standing there, I turned around and went into my class.
The lunchroom was full of students talking, laughing, and running. After I got my lunch, I went to sit at my table in the back of the lunch room with Eve and Klaus. Klaus was reading his book on aliens and Eve was just sitting there.
"So I saw that new kid." I said as I sat down. "His name is Sebastian."
"Sebastian? That's a name you don't hear everyday." Klaus said.
"Neither is Klaus." I replied.
He went back to reading.
"You were right when you said all I like are goth guys." said Eve. "But I wouldn't mind going somewhere with him.'
"Whatever." snapped Klaus. "It's not like he would talk to you guys anyways. Look, he is already sitting with the popular kids."
I turned and looked around. I saw Sebastian surrounded by Jessica Miller and her friends. They were the most popular people in school.
"I talked to him earlier today." I said. "I had to show him to his class."
"Stay away from him." yelled Klaus.
"What's the big deal?" asked Eve.
"The big deal is that this Sebastian guy doesn't seem quite right to me."
"Which means?" I asked.
"I don't know yet. But it means something bad." Klaus replied.
"Come on Klaus! Evey time someone new comes here you think something is wrong with them." said Eve.
"Ya like that time when Chrissy moved here and you thought she was a fairy." I laughed.
"Shut up Luna!" Klaus yelled back.
"Your right tho." Eve began. "he won't talk to us anyway."
As she said this I turned around to look at Sebastian. I was pretty sure he could feel me looking at him, because he glanced over at me. That was when I turned around.
Last period came finally. Unfortunately, it was my least favorite class. History with Ms. Jackson. She hated me more then anything in the world. Which made sense because I loved harassing her. I started to smile. That smile faded as soon as I walked into the class. Standing next to Ms. Jackson at the front of the class was Sebastian. I noticed all the girls smiling as I took my seat in the back row. Klaus took his seat in the front while giving Sebastian a disgusted look.
"Class this is Sebastian. He is new here and I would like you to make him feel welcome."
I noticed Ms. Jackson was smiling at Sebastian. Apparently all the female teachers liked him to. Then I realized something. The only open seat was next to me.
"Sebastian you will have to sit next to Luna in the back. I apologize for the inconvenience." she said with disgust.
He walked to the back of the room and sat next to me. I tried concentrating on what Ms. Jackson was saying.
"Hello again." he said
"Hi." I whispered.
"She must really hate you."
"What?" I asked puzzled.
"Ms. Jackson. She can't even say your name without frowning."
"Oh..." was all I managed to say.
"But she would considering your reputation." he said.
"What do you mean?" I asked again, getting a little annoyed.
"Well you have been arrested three times. One for stealing, and two for assault. You also live with your Dad because your Mom died in a car accident when you were eight and that makes her think you haven't been brought up right."
"How do you know all that?" I asked bewildered.
"Lucky guess." he replied.
"No really. Either someone told you that or you looked at my file."
"Lucky guess." he said again.
He was getting me angry. I was ready to yell when I looked over and saw Klaus watching us. He looked like he was taking notes on Sebastian.
"Ugh." Sebastian said.
He looked like he had smelt something disgusting.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Humans.....and Earth." he replied with a snicker.
"Wh-?" was all I managed to get out.
The bell had rung and Sebastian was already out of the classroom.
As I was walking out of class, Klaus came up behind me.
"What were you and Sebastian talking about?" he asked.
"Well for some reason he knows a little too much about me." I replied.
"Hey guys." Eve said as she came out of her last period English class.
"Hey." Klaus said.
"Whats wrong Luna?" Eve asked.
I didn't hear her. I was looking for Sebastian.
"Luna?" she asked again.
"Oh. Um in History I sat next to the new kid and he knows a lot of personal things about me."
"What do you mean?" she asked.
We all departed and I walked to my first class.
Midway through Math class, I decided I had enough of fractions and percents. I crumpled up my papers and started throwing them at random people. Then, I thought about that new kid. No one ever transferred to our school. "Whatever." I thought. He probably is just some other jock. Finally, the bell rang. I walked out of class and before I knew what happened, a tall figure ran right into me, making me drop all my books. I bent down and picked up my books.
"Could you watch were you are..." I wasn't able to finish the sentence. I was planted where I stood. I was staring into the most beautiful face I had ever seen. He had blueish-purple eyes and jet black hair. The thing that stood out the most was how pale he was. He was also very tall.
"Sorry." was all I managed to say.
He was looking at me with wide eyes.
"OK." I said.
I started walking away when he spoke.
"Do you know where room 113 is?"
His voice was deep and mysterious.
"Oh ya. I have a class right next to there."
We started walking. All I could think about was how good looking this kid was.
"So I guess you're new around here huh?" I asked.
"Ya. I moved here three days ago."
"From where?"
"Um...somewhere really far away."
"Alright then." I said. "Anyways I'm Luna."
"That's different." he said.
"What's your name then?"
"Sebastian." he replied.
"Oh...Nice" I said.
As we were walking, I noticed a bunch of people staring at us. Well not me, just at Sebastian. He really was the most beautiful person I had ever seen. I also noticed that when he was in the light, he had a greenish tone against his pale skin.
"Well here you are. Room 113."
"Thanks." he replied.
He walked into class and all I could say was "Wow". After about five minutes of just standing there, I turned around and went into my class.
The lunchroom was full of students talking, laughing, and running. After I got my lunch, I went to sit at my table in the back of the lunch room with Eve and Klaus. Klaus was reading his book on aliens and Eve was just sitting there.
"So I saw that new kid." I said as I sat down. "His name is Sebastian."
"Sebastian? That's a name you don't hear everyday." Klaus said.
"Neither is Klaus." I replied.
He went back to reading.
"You were right when you said all I like are goth guys." said Eve. "But I wouldn't mind going somewhere with him.'
"Whatever." snapped Klaus. "It's not like he would talk to you guys anyways. Look, he is already sitting with the popular kids."
I turned and looked around. I saw Sebastian surrounded by Jessica Miller and her friends. They were the most popular people in school.
"I talked to him earlier today." I said. "I had to show him to his class."
"Stay away from him." yelled Klaus.
"What's the big deal?" asked Eve.
"The big deal is that this Sebastian guy doesn't seem quite right to me."
"Which means?" I asked.
"I don't know yet. But it means something bad." Klaus replied.
"Come on Klaus! Evey time someone new comes here you think something is wrong with them." said Eve.
"Ya like that time when Chrissy moved here and you thought she was a fairy." I laughed.
"Shut up Luna!" Klaus yelled back.
"Your right tho." Eve began. "he won't talk to us anyway."
As she said this I turned around to look at Sebastian. I was pretty sure he could feel me looking at him, because he glanced over at me. That was when I turned around.
Last period came finally. Unfortunately, it was my least favorite class. History with Ms. Jackson. She hated me more then anything in the world. Which made sense because I loved harassing her. I started to smile. That smile faded as soon as I walked into the class. Standing next to Ms. Jackson at the front of the class was Sebastian. I noticed all the girls smiling as I took my seat in the back row. Klaus took his seat in the front while giving Sebastian a disgusted look.
"Class this is Sebastian. He is new here and I would like you to make him feel welcome."
I noticed Ms. Jackson was smiling at Sebastian. Apparently all the female teachers liked him to. Then I realized something. The only open seat was next to me.
"Sebastian you will have to sit next to Luna in the back. I apologize for the inconvenience." she said with disgust.
He walked to the back of the room and sat next to me. I tried concentrating on what Ms. Jackson was saying.
"Hello again." he said
"Hi." I whispered.
"She must really hate you."
"What?" I asked puzzled.
"Ms. Jackson. She can't even say your name without frowning."
"Oh..." was all I managed to say.
"But she would considering your reputation." he said.
"What do you mean?" I asked again, getting a little annoyed.
"Well you have been arrested three times. One for stealing, and two for assault. You also live with your Dad because your Mom died in a car accident when you were eight and that makes her think you haven't been brought up right."
"How do you know all that?" I asked bewildered.
"Lucky guess." he replied.
"No really. Either someone told you that or you looked at my file."
"Lucky guess." he said again.
He was getting me angry. I was ready to yell when I looked over and saw Klaus watching us. He looked like he was taking notes on Sebastian.
"Ugh." Sebastian said.
He looked like he had smelt something disgusting.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"Humans.....and Earth." he replied with a snicker.
"Wh-?" was all I managed to get out.
The bell had rung and Sebastian was already out of the classroom.
As I was walking out of class, Klaus came up behind me.
"What were you and Sebastian talking about?" he asked.
"Well for some reason he knows a little too much about me." I replied.
"Hey guys." Eve said as she came out of her last period English class.
"Hey." Klaus said.
"Whats wrong Luna?" Eve asked.
I didn't hear her. I was looking for Sebastian.
"Luna?" she asked again.
"Oh. Um in History I sat next to the new kid and he knows a lot of personal things about me."
"What do you mean?" she asked.
"He knew that I was arrested three times and that my Mom died."
"Well you do have a reputation. I mean everyone knows you have been arrested before."
"But you two are the only ones who know why. And your the only ones who know how my Mom died."
"I told you something was wrong." said Klaus.
"I'm sure it's nothing." said Eve.
We finally reached my locker.
"Ya. Whatever. My Dad should be waiting for me." I said.
"Alright. See you tomorrow." Eve replied.
"If she shows up...." snickered Klaus.
But I was going to school tomorrow. I needed to get answers from Sebastian.
At the dinner table that night, I told my Dad about Sebastian. I left out the part about him knowing a lot about me.
"It's a small town. He will make friends fast. And by the way you described him. I'm sure he will get a girlfriend soon." my Dad said
That night all I was thinking about was Sebastian. It didn't make sense that he knew all that. Then I remembered something he had said.
"Humans.....and Earth." I said to myself.
Why would he say that? I mean it makes no sense that he hates Earth. And he is human...right? That was the last thought I had before falling asleep.
The next day at school, all my classes seemed to be going much slower than usual. When lunch finally came around, I looked for Sebastian.
"You're looking for him aren't you?" asked Klaus.
"Who?" I asked.
"Sebastian."
"Oh...um no. I'm just looking around."
Klaus rolled his eyes.
"So anyways." Eve said breaking the silence. "Since its Friday do you want to come over?"
I must have had a huge smile on my face because Klaus banged his head on the table.
"Yes!" I screamed.
I loved going over to Eve and Klaus's. Their Dad was an extremely successful doctor, which meant they were rich. They always had tons of food, which was why I was so happy. I ate all of Klaus's favorite things when I was over.
"OK then. But don't come til around six. I have to do something." said Eve.
"Alright." I replied.
Then the bell rang. It was time for History. Hopefully Sebastian would be there.
When I walked in I got excited. Sebastian was there sitting in the seat next to me. I wasn't ready to sit down so I went up to Ms. Jackson.
"Hey Lucy." I sneered.
"Call me by my first name one more time and you have detention." yelled Ms. Jackson.
I laughed. Then I went over to my seat and sat down.
"Hi." I said.
"Good afternoon." replied Sebastian.
"I didn't see you at lunch today."
"I skipped." he said.
"Why?"
"Because those girls that are always around me are really starting to get annoying."
"Oh." I mumbled.
Ms.Jackson began talking but I had no desire to listen.
"So...." I started saying.
"Yes?"
"Are you going to tell me how you know all that stuff about me?"
"I already did." he replied.
"It was not a lucky guess." I said.
"Fine. I heard it around." Sebastian said.
"That's impossible. Only my two closest friends know all that."
"Well you thought wrong then." he said.
Apparently, Ms.Jackson instructed everyone to get up and get supplies, because Klaus came over to me.
"If you were listening then you would know that were supposed to cut something out and put it in our notebook." he said.
I rolled my eyes.
"What are you looking at?" Klaus said to Sebastian.
"Oh nothing." Sebastian replied with a laugh.
" I know what your up to! You're something different! You're not normal at all! I bet you're not even human!" yelled Klaus.
I looked over at Sebastian and my mouth dropped. His eyes had gone from a bluish-purple to pitch black. No white part of his eyes were visible.
"Your eyes! They changed to all black! That's exactly what happens to the aliens in my book!"Klaus exclaimed.
The whole class was watching us. I noticed Sebastian was getting a worried look on his face.
"Stay away from him Luna."
The bell rang not a minute to soon. I gave Klaus an evil look as he walked out of class.
"Sorry about that. He's crazy." I said.
"He's right tho." Sebastian replied.
"Huh?"
"You should...ummm...stay away."
"What? Why?"
"Because you're going to ruin everything!" he yelled.
I was left standing there in the class alone.
I was still confused when I got home.
"How was school?" my Dad asked as I walked in.
"Fine." I mumbled. "I'm going over Klaus and Eve's house tonight."
"You want me to drive you?"
"No. I think I will walk."
Eve and Klaus lived about fifteen minutes away from me so I left around 5:45. It was already getting dark out. I started thinking about earlier today. What did Sebastian mean when he said I was ruining everything? And what was up with his eyes? They just turned completely black. While I was thinking, I didn't hear the growling of a coyote from right behind me. I stopped dead in my tracks. I turned around slowly, and in front of me was a rabid, angry, and ....deadly coyote. I knew that if I ran the coyote would attack me. But I didn't want to stick around either. I slowly started to back up. But every time I took a step, so did the coyote. I reached for my phone, but this seemed to make the coyote even angrier. I tried again, but this time the coyote pounced. That's when I started running. I ran as fast as I could. I looked behind me. The coyote was gaining speed. Then I came to a dead stop. I was at a dead end.
I turned to face the coyote. It looked even angrier. I didn't know what to do.I was going to die. This thing was really going to kill me. Then as the coyote moved closer, a large object came out of nowhere and jumped at the coyote. Everything happened so fast. I saw the coyote and whatever had attacked it go tumbling into the woods. Then I heard the loud, painful cry of the coyote. The last things I saw was a tall figure moving around the woods. The I started running straight for Eve and Klaus's house.
"You will never guess what happened!" I yelled, panting as I walked inside.
"You were being chased by the cops again?" Klaus asked.
"No. I was being chased, but not by the cops. By a coyote."
"A coyote? Why?" asked Eve.
"I don't know. But that's not the scary part. Right before the coyote attacked me, something killed it!"
"What do you think it was?" she asked.
"I don't know. But I don't think it was human."
That's when Klaus stepped in.
"Not human? That's my specialty."
Eve and Klaus sat in silence as I told them everything.
"Maybe it was another animal." Eve said.
"No. It was tall and it was on two feet. What do you think Klaus?" I asked.
"I don't know. I need to think this over."
Klaus got up and walked into his room.
"I think you're overreacting." Eve spoke.
"What?"
"I know that a rabid coyote just attacked you, and that something saved you. But it definitely wasn't anything supernatural."
"Whatever. Do you mind if I stayed over?" I asked.
"Not at all. But you might want to call your Dad."
Eve handed me the phone. I called my Dad and told him I was staying over. I didn't tell him about the coyote.
I stayed at Eve and Klaus's for the whole weekend. I pretty much just spent time with Eve. Klaus was busy in his room trying to figure out what had saved me. By the time Sunday night came around, I had almost forgotten about Friday. But then I remembered I had school the next day.
After my Dad dropped me off at school, I searched for Eve and Klaus. I found Klaus sitting inside the Library. Klaus was reading a book on supernatural beings.
"Hey." He said looking up at me.
"Hey. Where's Eve?"
"She's taking a Math test. I've been reading all about supernatural things trying to figure out which one saved you."
"I'm stuck between an alien or a mutant zombie thing." he replied, as he ran a hand through his hair.
The bell rang and we started walking. Before I walked into class I gave Klaus a hug.
"Thanks for doing this." I said.
"What are friends for?" he said, giving a little punch to my arm.
Then I walked into class.
Before I knew it, It was last period. I walked into History and sat down. Then Sebastian walked in.
"Hi." I said.
"Hey. Have a nice weekend?"
"Ummm....I was chased by a rabid coyote."
"Oh?" he asked.
He didn't act surprised.
"Ya. But then something killed the coyote."
"Probably just another animal." he said.
"It was on two feet....and it was tall."
And then I remembered something about whatever saved me that I should have thought before.
"And it looked an awful lot like you from behind."
Sebastian froze. He looked at me and his eyes were black again.
"That's impossible." he mumbled. "I could never do that. After all, I'm only.....human."
He said "human" with disgust.
"If you're human, then why do you think humans are disgusting? And why do your eyes change?" I asked.
I could tell he was trying to think of an answer. Unfortunately, the bell rang. Sebastian ran out of class. While I was at my locker a horrifying feeling came over me. I was starting to have feeling for Sebastian. No matter how strange he was....
It was cold, rainy, and dark. I was running through the woods. Something was chasing me. I tripped and fell. A figure flew by me. I stood up and looked around. Then I saw him. His eyes were black and he had razor sharp teeth. Not just fangs, but all of his teeth. He was covered in blood, but most importantly, he was beautiful.
"What are you?" I asked frightened.
He pointed to the sky then smiled.
I woke up from the dream. It took me five minutes to realize what happened. I ran to the phone and dialed Klaus's number.
"Hello?" a tired voice answered.
"Klaus? It's Luna. I know who saved me!"
"What? Who?"
"Sebastian! And I know what he is!"
"What?" Klaus asked.
"An alien! You were right!" I yelled.
"Meet Eve and I by the lake in the woods." he ordered.
"OK." I said and hung up.
I looked at the clock. It read 11:47 pm. My Dad was working the night shift again so I could sneak out. I quickly got dressed and began walking. When I got to the woods, Eve and Klaus weren't there yet. I looked at my phone. I was 12:00am. Midnight.
"Luna." a mysterious voice said.
I turned around and faced Sebastian.
"You. What are you doing here?" I said backing away.
"I know that you know what I am."
"So you are an alien?" I asked.
"Yes."
"Why? Why are you here?"
"Why do you think I'm here?"
I didn't want to answer.
"I'm here to destroy the Earth." he said.
"Then why haven't you?" I asked.
"Because of you. Ever since I came here, I haven't wanted to kill everyone."
"Why?"
"Because If I destroyed the Earth, I would be killing you. And I couldn't live with that." Sebastian said.
"But why me?"
"Because I feel a connection with you. That's why I went and looked at your file so I could learn more about you. That's also why I saved you the other night. If that coyote had killed you, I wouldn't be able to live with myself."
He came closer and I backed away.
"Don't be afraid." he said. "I won't hurt you."
I walked closer to him.
"That's why your eyes change, you have a green tint to your skin, and you hate humans." I said.
"Yes. With the exception of you of course."
"Then why are so beautiful?"
"You expected me to be all green and ugly right?"
"Well..." I began.
Before I could finish, he pulled me close to him and then he kissed me.
"Wow." I said.
"Wow." he repeated as he brushed a curl away from my face.
"So you're not trying to destroy Earth anymore?" I asked.
"My only mission is to protect you." he smiled.
But then the smile faded.
"What?" I asked.
"I didn't just come here. I was sent here. By my leaders. When they visit they will find out that I didn't destroy Earth and that I'm with you. I forgot."
"So?" I asked getting nervous.
He wouldn't answer.
"Sebastian? What is it? What will they do?"
"They will try to kill you!" he said.
"The danger has just begun." I thought.
"Well you do have a reputation. I mean everyone knows you have been arrested before."
"But you two are the only ones who know why. And your the only ones who know how my Mom died."
"I told you something was wrong." said Klaus.
"I'm sure it's nothing." said Eve.
We finally reached my locker.
"Ya. Whatever. My Dad should be waiting for me." I said.
"Alright. See you tomorrow." Eve replied.
"If she shows up...." snickered Klaus.
But I was going to school tomorrow. I needed to get answers from Sebastian.
At the dinner table that night, I told my Dad about Sebastian. I left out the part about him knowing a lot about me.
"It's a small town. He will make friends fast. And by the way you described him. I'm sure he will get a girlfriend soon." my Dad said
That night all I was thinking about was Sebastian. It didn't make sense that he knew all that. Then I remembered something he had said.
"Humans.....and Earth." I said to myself.
Why would he say that? I mean it makes no sense that he hates Earth. And he is human...right? That was the last thought I had before falling asleep.
The next day at school, all my classes seemed to be going much slower than usual. When lunch finally came around, I looked for Sebastian.
"You're looking for him aren't you?" asked Klaus.
"Who?" I asked.
"Sebastian."
"Oh...um no. I'm just looking around."
Klaus rolled his eyes.
"So anyways." Eve said breaking the silence. "Since its Friday do you want to come over?"
I must have had a huge smile on my face because Klaus banged his head on the table.
"Yes!" I screamed.
I loved going over to Eve and Klaus's. Their Dad was an extremely successful doctor, which meant they were rich. They always had tons of food, which was why I was so happy. I ate all of Klaus's favorite things when I was over.
"OK then. But don't come til around six. I have to do something." said Eve.
"Alright." I replied.
Then the bell rang. It was time for History. Hopefully Sebastian would be there.
When I walked in I got excited. Sebastian was there sitting in the seat next to me. I wasn't ready to sit down so I went up to Ms. Jackson.
"Hey Lucy." I sneered.
"Call me by my first name one more time and you have detention." yelled Ms. Jackson.
I laughed. Then I went over to my seat and sat down.
"Hi." I said.
"Good afternoon." replied Sebastian.
"I didn't see you at lunch today."
"I skipped." he said.
"Why?"
"Because those girls that are always around me are really starting to get annoying."
"Oh." I mumbled.
Ms.Jackson began talking but I had no desire to listen.
"So...." I started saying.
"Yes?"
"Are you going to tell me how you know all that stuff about me?"
"I already did." he replied.
"It was not a lucky guess." I said.
"Fine. I heard it around." Sebastian said.
"That's impossible. Only my two closest friends know all that."
"Well you thought wrong then." he said.
Apparently, Ms.Jackson instructed everyone to get up and get supplies, because Klaus came over to me.
"If you were listening then you would know that were supposed to cut something out and put it in our notebook." he said.
I rolled my eyes.
"What are you looking at?" Klaus said to Sebastian.
"Oh nothing." Sebastian replied with a laugh.
" I know what your up to! You're something different! You're not normal at all! I bet you're not even human!" yelled Klaus.
I looked over at Sebastian and my mouth dropped. His eyes had gone from a bluish-purple to pitch black. No white part of his eyes were visible.
"Your eyes! They changed to all black! That's exactly what happens to the aliens in my book!"Klaus exclaimed.
The whole class was watching us. I noticed Sebastian was getting a worried look on his face.
"Stay away from him Luna."
The bell rang not a minute to soon. I gave Klaus an evil look as he walked out of class.
"Sorry about that. He's crazy." I said.
"He's right tho." Sebastian replied.
"Huh?"
"You should...ummm...stay away."
"What? Why?"
"Because you're going to ruin everything!" he yelled.
I was left standing there in the class alone.
I was still confused when I got home.
"How was school?" my Dad asked as I walked in.
"Fine." I mumbled. "I'm going over Klaus and Eve's house tonight."
"You want me to drive you?"
"No. I think I will walk."
Eve and Klaus lived about fifteen minutes away from me so I left around 5:45. It was already getting dark out. I started thinking about earlier today. What did Sebastian mean when he said I was ruining everything? And what was up with his eyes? They just turned completely black. While I was thinking, I didn't hear the growling of a coyote from right behind me. I stopped dead in my tracks. I turned around slowly, and in front of me was a rabid, angry, and ....deadly coyote. I knew that if I ran the coyote would attack me. But I didn't want to stick around either. I slowly started to back up. But every time I took a step, so did the coyote. I reached for my phone, but this seemed to make the coyote even angrier. I tried again, but this time the coyote pounced. That's when I started running. I ran as fast as I could. I looked behind me. The coyote was gaining speed. Then I came to a dead stop. I was at a dead end.
I turned to face the coyote. It looked even angrier. I didn't know what to do.I was going to die. This thing was really going to kill me. Then as the coyote moved closer, a large object came out of nowhere and jumped at the coyote. Everything happened so fast. I saw the coyote and whatever had attacked it go tumbling into the woods. Then I heard the loud, painful cry of the coyote. The last things I saw was a tall figure moving around the woods. The I started running straight for Eve and Klaus's house.
"You will never guess what happened!" I yelled, panting as I walked inside.
"You were being chased by the cops again?" Klaus asked.
"No. I was being chased, but not by the cops. By a coyote."
"A coyote? Why?" asked Eve.
"I don't know. But that's not the scary part. Right before the coyote attacked me, something killed it!"
"What do you think it was?" she asked.
"I don't know. But I don't think it was human."
That's when Klaus stepped in.
"Not human? That's my specialty."
Eve and Klaus sat in silence as I told them everything.
"Maybe it was another animal." Eve said.
"No. It was tall and it was on two feet. What do you think Klaus?" I asked.
"I don't know. I need to think this over."
Klaus got up and walked into his room.
"I think you're overreacting." Eve spoke.
"What?"
"I know that a rabid coyote just attacked you, and that something saved you. But it definitely wasn't anything supernatural."
"Whatever. Do you mind if I stayed over?" I asked.
"Not at all. But you might want to call your Dad."
Eve handed me the phone. I called my Dad and told him I was staying over. I didn't tell him about the coyote.
I stayed at Eve and Klaus's for the whole weekend. I pretty much just spent time with Eve. Klaus was busy in his room trying to figure out what had saved me. By the time Sunday night came around, I had almost forgotten about Friday. But then I remembered I had school the next day.
After my Dad dropped me off at school, I searched for Eve and Klaus. I found Klaus sitting inside the Library. Klaus was reading a book on supernatural beings.
"Hey." He said looking up at me.
"Hey. Where's Eve?"
"She's taking a Math test. I've been reading all about supernatural things trying to figure out which one saved you."
"I'm stuck between an alien or a mutant zombie thing." he replied, as he ran a hand through his hair.
The bell rang and we started walking. Before I walked into class I gave Klaus a hug.
"Thanks for doing this." I said.
"What are friends for?" he said, giving a little punch to my arm.
Then I walked into class.
Before I knew it, It was last period. I walked into History and sat down. Then Sebastian walked in.
"Hi." I said.
"Hey. Have a nice weekend?"
"Ummm....I was chased by a rabid coyote."
"Oh?" he asked.
He didn't act surprised.
"Ya. But then something killed the coyote."
"Probably just another animal." he said.
"It was on two feet....and it was tall."
And then I remembered something about whatever saved me that I should have thought before.
"And it looked an awful lot like you from behind."
Sebastian froze. He looked at me and his eyes were black again.
"That's impossible." he mumbled. "I could never do that. After all, I'm only.....human."
He said "human" with disgust.
"If you're human, then why do you think humans are disgusting? And why do your eyes change?" I asked.
I could tell he was trying to think of an answer. Unfortunately, the bell rang. Sebastian ran out of class. While I was at my locker a horrifying feeling came over me. I was starting to have feeling for Sebastian. No matter how strange he was....
It was cold, rainy, and dark. I was running through the woods. Something was chasing me. I tripped and fell. A figure flew by me. I stood up and looked around. Then I saw him. His eyes were black and he had razor sharp teeth. Not just fangs, but all of his teeth. He was covered in blood, but most importantly, he was beautiful.
"What are you?" I asked frightened.
He pointed to the sky then smiled.
I woke up from the dream. It took me five minutes to realize what happened. I ran to the phone and dialed Klaus's number.
"Hello?" a tired voice answered.
"Klaus? It's Luna. I know who saved me!"
"What? Who?"
"Sebastian! And I know what he is!"
"What?" Klaus asked.
"An alien! You were right!" I yelled.
"Meet Eve and I by the lake in the woods." he ordered.
"OK." I said and hung up.
I looked at the clock. It read 11:47 pm. My Dad was working the night shift again so I could sneak out. I quickly got dressed and began walking. When I got to the woods, Eve and Klaus weren't there yet. I looked at my phone. I was 12:00am. Midnight.
"Luna." a mysterious voice said.
I turned around and faced Sebastian.
"You. What are you doing here?" I said backing away.
"I know that you know what I am."
"So you are an alien?" I asked.
"Yes."
"Why? Why are you here?"
"Why do you think I'm here?"
I didn't want to answer.
"I'm here to destroy the Earth." he said.
"Then why haven't you?" I asked.
"Because of you. Ever since I came here, I haven't wanted to kill everyone."
"Why?"
"Because If I destroyed the Earth, I would be killing you. And I couldn't live with that." Sebastian said.
"But why me?"
"Because I feel a connection with you. That's why I went and looked at your file so I could learn more about you. That's also why I saved you the other night. If that coyote had killed you, I wouldn't be able to live with myself."
He came closer and I backed away.
"Don't be afraid." he said. "I won't hurt you."
I walked closer to him.
"That's why your eyes change, you have a green tint to your skin, and you hate humans." I said.
"Yes. With the exception of you of course."
"Then why are so beautiful?"
"You expected me to be all green and ugly right?"
"Well..." I began.
Before I could finish, he pulled me close to him and then he kissed me.
"Wow." I said.
"Wow." he repeated as he brushed a curl away from my face.
"So you're not trying to destroy Earth anymore?" I asked.
"My only mission is to protect you." he smiled.
But then the smile faded.
"What?" I asked.
"I didn't just come here. I was sent here. By my leaders. When they visit they will find out that I didn't destroy Earth and that I'm with you. I forgot."
"So?" I asked getting nervous.
He wouldn't answer.
"Sebastian? What is it? What will they do?"
"They will try to kill you!" he said.
"The danger has just begun." I thought.
Omg that was a beautiful story Gill, I loved it. I love how Luna's friend was so worried about here, And how Sebastian saved Luna. I loved how romantic Sebastian was to Luna. Beautiful story.
ReplyDeleteMy question about your story is, did the story end or was it a cliff-hanger?
The only thing to watch out for is when u finish your quotations put a .! or? And start a new sentence with the first letter capilied. overall loved it!